Monday, April 23, 2012

Okay...So Iron Man 3 is filming in China...

My first response to this was "so what?", but then I got to thinking about it.

First of all, this is a Disney supported move all the way. There's no way Marvel Studios could have pulled this off on their own. Maybe...after ten successful films under their belt...but not now.

Second, this is a show of Disney's level of commitment to Marvel Studios. There's no way Disney would approach China to do this unless they had high hopes...as well as high expectations...of the continuing growth of the Marvel Movie Universe.

Third, the villain must be Chinese - otherwise, what's the point? Now, there's been talk that the Mandarin will not be in IM3. I think that's utter B.S., but let's assume the rumor is true. Who does that leave? Well, without taking the time for more "in depth" research (digging into my stacks of OHOTMU comics) there's Fin Fang Foom - an alien dragon that would have to be CGI,



and Radioactive Man - a Chinese physicist that "had an accident".



Looking closer at Radioactive Man, we see he's a Chinese scientist, who could have been looking into the circumstances surrounding Cap's and Hulk's creations (the Super Soldier Serum) for the government when "something happens" that makes him Radioactive Man.

I can see this. What's more, I can see this with Mandarin pulling the strings and appearing in IM4 or even Avengers 2.


Instead of thinking "so what?", I'm now thinking "it's all good".

Why? - because...

In Marvel Studios I Trust



No comments:

Post a Comment