Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Walking Dead...



I hate Zombies...

When I was young, I was a huge fan of the Universal Monsters - Frankenstein, Dracula, The Wolfman, The Creature From the Black Lagoon. I liked Godzilla too, but was more a fan of King Kong.

Jaws, however, made me afraid to take a bath.

When I was a teenager, Freddie Kruger scared the living shit out of me. Couldn't sleep for weeks. Funny thing was, I hadn't seen the movies, just the trailers freaked me out. To get past the fear, I watched (an edited for television version of) the first film. And that made things worse. But when I rented Dream Warriors on video I felt better about him, saw the humor behind him, and felt empowered by taking over my dreams.

Now, back to Zombies...

I was forced to sit down and watch the original Night of the Living Dead...by my daughter...who was 9 at the time. Didn't help. But two summers ago we saw Zombieland which was fun,and I liked it.

But I still hated Zombies.

So when my daughter and I went to the library recently, I saw this TPB and picked it up to work on getting past my fear.

And she started reading it on the drive home.

Now I was able to finish it before she did, so I could help if she found anything disturbing.

She didn't.

We both loved the book, and I'm seriously considering adding this to my wish list...

...but then she and I sat down and watched the first episode of the damned show...



Guess what...she loves the show, and I'm back to zero tolerance.

I will never understand the world's fascination with the Zombiecalypse, but I am still very interested in the comic and will most likely get the series at some point.

Damn kids these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment