Thursday, April 12, 2012

Okay...um...so...um...Maria Hill...

I admit - I've been out of the "comic-collecting" scene for a while now (okay...20 years) turning my attention and hard-earned dollars to filling holes in my collections rather than buying the latest and greatest.


So my working knowledge of Maria Hill consists of Wikipedia, Comic Vine and Marvel.com.


Imagine my surprise that she's made over 350 appearances.


On a side note, is it wrong that Cobie Smulders reminds me of Winona Rider?


Anyway - she's in the film. And given Whedon's track record of killing off characters, and Marvel's growing Movie universe, I have a theory...


Maybe Maria is the one who gets killed.


Now I remember first hearing about Maria in the Civil War storyline, as Fury's replacement. If memory serves, Civil War took place after the whole Secret Invasion storyline.


But what if Marvel Studios plans to combine elements of both? Hill is killed, and revealed to be a Skrull (or MMu equivalent) operative.

It could happen...

Another side note...could "Phase 2" in the clip refer to what Kevin Feige mentioned in his interview regarding the next stage of development in the MMU?




No comments:

Post a Comment