Saturday, October 10, 2015

First Impressions - AoS: "Purpose in the Machine"

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
That will happen eventually after my purchase of the Blu-ray.
I've put my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once.
You've been warned...


Season 3 Episode 2: "Purpose in the Machine"

The Good:
Fitz.
I've mentioned before how I'm a sucker for loyalty. Not only does he have it for Simmons, but Coulson and the gang have it for him. Once Fitz had a working hypothesis (and granted, a little proof), 
"What do you need?" was all he said.
"...and a sandwich." was a nice nod too. Plus, he's got balls. Brass ones. About damn time.

James...F**KING...Hong!
Whether he's the villain in Big Trouble in Little China, Snotty in Revenge of the Nerds II, the voice of Greedo (I don't care what IMDB says, his voice in unmistakable) or May's dad, I freakin' love this guy. 

Speaking of May, it's good to have her back.

This.

"To the plane!"

The Bad:
Can't Ward just f**king DIE?

The WTF?:
Simmons is rescued.
No teasing, no waiting for six more episodes, no long dragged-out storyline. Great. But did they have to drag out the Big Reveal? No. They did not.

Adorkification Moment(s):
Hellfire Club...NOT!
Two words: Wasted. Opportunity.

Werner Von Strucker? Cool, but...
...when can we meet his siblings?

No comments:

Post a Comment