Thursday, October 1, 2015

First Impressions - AoS: "Laws of Nature"

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
That will happen eventually after my purchase of the Blu-ray.
I've put my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once.
You've been warned...


Season 3 Episode 1: "Laws of Nature"

The Good:
So - after TWO GODDAMN YEARS...
...of this...
...and this...
...a s#!t ton of this...
 ...and quite a load of this,
the first five minutes of this episode finally gave me what I've been looking for! Granted, it felt a little X-Force #1 to me...
...no, not that one... 
 ...yeah - that one.
But I didn't care. In fact, part of me was waiting for something to happen to screw it all up, like a HYDRA agent shooting him in the head or Ward taking him in to use him as a weapon or guinea pig.
But thank God THAT didn't happen!

Fitz was a badass - even when he broke down at the end.

President Ellis...NICE!

While I have no idea who Joey is in the books,
that was a great response.
Nice seeing Mockingbird again...even though they have YET to call her that. Like at all.

Say what you want. I don't care. I like this guy.

No Ward.

Daisy (and yes, I'll call her that - now that the show is) kicking ass and helping people.

Coulson...just being Coulson.

The Bad:
No May? Like at all?
Straight up.

He's out there somewhere. Right?

The WTF?:
Mrs. Adorkification: "That man is gorgeous!"

Did I need to hear that?

Adorkification Moment(s):
I'm glad (but not too surprised to learn) that she's alive, but do I give a damn where she is? No I don't. It would have been cool if she was on the Blue Area of the Moon, or Titan, hell - even Knowhere. But she's on some nameless planet in some nameless system. Ho...f**king...hum.

This could have been Gorgon. Karnak. Triton. Medusa. Crystal. Lockjaw. Seeker. Who do they go with? Some guy I've never f**king heard of. 

As for Rosalind, she could have been Viper, Madame Masque or even Sister Sin or Mother Night. But they went with another character I don't f**king' know.

No comments:

Post a Comment