Wednesday, October 7, 2015

First Impressions - Flash: "The Man Who Saved Central City"

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers ahead.
You've been warned...

Season 2 Episode 1: "The Man Who Saved Central City"


The Good:
I'm liking the new intro. I always laughed when he said "ordinary forensic scientist".

Yeah - at that point I knew it was a dream too.

Should I have noticed the return address on that URGENT envelope?

"Run Barry. Run."

I liked that Henry's now out of prison, however...

The Bad:
...why exactly did he have to leave Central City?
Damn straight.

This upset me a bit.
Barry knows Ronnie's the true man of the title, but doesn't bring him up (or at least try to) at the rally - which would have been a better way to introduce Atom-Smasher: just as Barry starts talking about Ronnie. 
Caitlin knows Ronnie's the true man of the title, but hiding herself at the rally doesn't make sense. I was half expecting Killer Frost to make an appearance. I also can't believe she doesn't hold a grudge against Barry or Martin. Not even a little? 
Martin, who if I remember correctly could in some way "sense" Ronnie's presence and/or whereabouts, couldn't sense Ronnie anywhere. But Caitlin never asked Martin if he could try locate her husband. Was there a questioning look she gave him that I missed?
I know they want to introduce Firestorm 2.0, but did they have to delete the original so quickly?

The WTF?:
Atom-Smasher appearing in the first episode is good,
 but isn't he a hero?

This episode takes place six months after the Season 1 finale, right?
I wasn't sure. Maybe they should have repeated that statistic one...more...time!


Adorkification Moments:
Flash-Signal!

+
equals "Atom-Smasher" hug?

This Zoom?
Or this Zoom? Not that it matters. It's cool either way.

 Earth-1 Flash?!? That is just SICK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment