Friday, October 30, 2015

WTF (Did I Just Read)? Friday...10/30/2015

So I've been waiting a while for this to come out...
 ...and I was all
but now that I've read it, I'm all
 Here's why.


1. Where's Rhodey?
I can understand the argument that he's just a secondary character in the film - but by that logic, so are Pepper and Happy...who have entries in the book. The other, more significant argument is that since the role was later recast by an actor who's continually played Rhodey in subsequent films, this version is omitted here. Okay, fine...
...but that won't fly with next month's issue.

2. What was the plot again?
I've seen the film. I own the film. I know this book is based on the film. Do I need to re-read the synopsis umpteen times under so many different headings? 
No. I. Don't.
It would have been one thing to merely read the happenings of each character throughout the film separately under each heading, but that one scene where Pepper reached into Tony's chest and pulled out the electromagnet was mentioned several times. Enough already!

3. The Armors Do What Now?
Tony makes three distinctly different suits in the film. Each is significantly different from the others. Why not mention them? There's some interesting Armor data buried deep within the Iron Man Blu-ray, but merely a brief overview here. No Eliot R. Brown schematics, no descriptions, no specs.
W...T...F...?

It could have been a lot worse, but it could have been so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment