Tuesday, December 3, 2013

First Impressions - AoS: 'Repairs'

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
That will happen over the summer after my purchase of the Blu-ray.
I've put my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once after the jump.
You've been warned...
Episode 9: 'Repairs'
The Good: Excellent job revealing some of May's background. I bet this was the first episode made after learning they were picked up for a full season.
* I like the secret May/Ward thing...again - Whedon needed the confidence of a full season to play with this plot point. I'm even willing to bet that Coulson wouldn't even care if/when he finds out.
The Bad: I felt the religious angle to the story was a little heavy-handed. Granted, many saw it as an overly opinionated episode, but seeing as how the people and places of the story were deeply religious I didn't mind it so much until the scene where Skye talked to the woman through the wall.
The WTF?: No Marvel eggs that I could find. The only Ghost I know is an Iron Man villain, and I'm glad they didn't work him in.
* While I get the hazing and pranking..I just wasn't fond of it.
Adorkification Moment: They're leading up to something...with the whole "Hell opening up" thing. Maybe it's Mephisto's realm? Maybe Muspelheim?

No comments:

Post a Comment