Monday, December 16, 2013

Monday Movie Roundup...12/16/2013

Well this should surprise no one...
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug took the top spot opening weekend.
It made over $73 million in the U.S. and more than $131 million overseas,
making the total roughly $204.8 million.
And no...I haven't seen it yet.
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire came in fourth, with another $13 million in the bank.
Catching Fire's worldwide total is now just shy of $730 million...
...in just 24 days.
And no...I haven't seen it yet.
Thor:TDW stayed in the top 5, making an additional $2.7 million.
All told, TDW has made just under $620 million worldwide...
...in 38 days.
And yes...I've seen it...twice.
Does it bother me that Catching Fire has out-performed TDW?
Not at all.
I just want production companies to get the fact that not only are comics a strong source for films,
but female comic characters are a strong source for films.
Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment