Monday, December 23, 2013

Monday Movie Roundup...12/23/2013

First off, I apologize for the lateness of this post.
I've been sick in bed all day with some kind of flu-bug.
I'm awake now...and getting better...but my brain isn't all here.
You've been warned.
The Hobbit:TDoS took the top spot again, with $127.5 million made in the U.S. so far.
Along with the foreign market, this film's got $403.8 million in the bank.
According to BoxOfficeMojo.com, this film has a production budget of "N/A",
but my guess is that they've got a little ways to go before breaking even.
As for the Number 2 spot...
Ant-Man Paul Rudd's latest film (with a bunch of other guys) made $40 million.
What surprises me most isn't that this film hasn't been released overseas yet...
...and it isn't that it opened on Wednesday the 18th...
...it's that the budget on this film was $50 million.
...
How many comedies...even period-piece ones...in the last ten years cost $50 million to make?
I Mean Hot Tub Time Machine cost only $36 million to make.
...
Anyways, 
Catching Fire fell to sixth place, but picked up another $8.75 million,
making over $765.3 million worldwide.
That's awesome!
Thor: The Dark World came in tenth, with an additional $1.3 million.
Worldwide, T:TDW has made over $627 million.
That's no small feat, because it beat Thor by $19 million.
So all in all, a pretty good weekend for movies.
I'm going back to bed now...

No comments:

Post a Comment