Friday, December 27, 2013

WTF? Friday...12/27/2013

Well, I'm still ill...but on the mend as they say, but I have to get some things out of my system...
* Work was crazy yesterday. 
We had to convert the store from a "Happy Holidays" look to a "Get Back in Shape and Buy Some Furniture While You're At It" look. I understand the intent to have retail stores change regularly to address not only the season-of-the-moment but also the thought-of-the-moment. But most corporate offices are closed this week, so the powers that be are sitting at home (or out on vacation) while the grunts like me are in the buildings doing their biddings.  I'm okay with that. Really. But what I'm not okay with is the unspoken expectation that all of this work needs to be done in an unrealistic time-frame while dealing with all the regular goings-on of the business.
News flash - We're a tired folk (some even ill) and even though we can't get a break in the action like most earthlings, we shouldn't be expected to maintain the same levels of energy and motivation now as we did four weeks ago starting on Black Friday. 
I'm not saying we can't "get it done". I'm saying we're human beings...and are gonna need a little more time.

* Registers were hopping.
We had snow yesterday afternoon. Not a biggie, but roughly 4 to 5 inches where the store is. Granted, we've been handed a lousy weather pattern recently - between snow, ice, and general cold grey days - that people had to endure to get their holiday shopping done. That sucks, but we're in Maine so we deal. But most retailers extend their return policies to at least the first week in January for all holiday purchases. Meaning that with your receipt, you get your money back...and without your receipt, you get store credit.
No company I've ever heard of has ever limited their return policy to "December 26th at 12:42 PM".
So...
W...T...F...PEOPLE?
There's no need to subject yourselves to driving in snow...and waiting in line with all the other schmucks...just so you can "get your returns done".
You've got like two weeks! Use 'em!

There...I'm done now. And yes, I feel a little better.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to shovel my driveway...

No comments:

Post a Comment