Friday, June 27, 2014

WTF? Friday...6/27/2014

This is a personal WTF that I just learned about - let's set the WABAC machine to...
Yes indeed! 1989 was the year I started college, met my best friend...and my wife. She kinda didn't like me all that much at first, but I kept showing up at breakfast (we were in the same dorm) and we had dinner together often too. 
I know...nowadays that's called stalking. But back in 1989 I was a shy 17 year old, and through Future Mrs. Adorkification, I met people (she introduced me to my best friend) and by "hanging around" her a lot, I accumulated a few nicknames - one of which she still calls me to this day: "furniture".
See, I thought it meant that I was comfortable...like a sofa or a chair...and didn't think much of it.
Back in the Here and Now, my wife and I sat down with Adorkette to see yet another classic film...
...(which by the way Mrs. Adorkification and I saw together years ago) that's one of her favorites.
Well, needless to say Adorkette liked this film a lot. More than Blade Runner and Citizen Kane (go figure). But what caught my eye this time around was that the female lead, played by Leigh Taylor-Young was called "furniture" in the film. See, in this future, people were included (like sofas and chairs) with places to live - such as apartments, condos...and dorm rooms.
 That's right. 
I've been named a reference to a Charlton Heston Sci-Fi film for almost 25 years...
...by my wife...
...without even knowing it!
W...T...F...?
I'm ashamed...I'm very ashamed...
Don't look at me...Ashamed...
If you'll excuse me...I have to turn in my Adorkification Cred on the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment