Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Answers about Regeneration...

So I talked to my local Magic:The Gathering gathering place, and it was explained to me that Regeneration is essentially a shield...
...yeah, I know - it lacks pizzazz...
...but it can be activated during my turn prior to attacking as well as during someone else's turn before I assign blockers. The guy behind the counter was - let's say overly excited - and couldn't stand still long enough for a more in depth discussion about timing, Mana Burn, or much else.
See - what I love most about my Goblins is that their actions, while hilariously stupid, make a sort of twisted sense.
For example:
Goblin Ski Patrol is normally a 1/1 creature. When I spend two Mana it gets flying, +2/+0 and is buried at the end of the turn, as long as I have a Snow-Covered Mountain in play.
In other words, this guy gets his skis, climbs the Snow-Covered Mountain and ski jumps into the air to attack/block causing extra damage and then goes away.
That's funny...and makes sense.
For me to play Regeneration, it also needs to make some sort of sense. I get that I can choose to block with a creature and spend the Mana necessary to remove all damage from said creature and keep it tapped. But I just can't get my head around seeing Regeneration as a "shield".
One thing I did learn about Regeneration from playing this deck though...
Asphodel Wanderer, which I now have four of because they were in the .05 cent bins, costs three Mana to Regenerate...rather expensive - which is why there were a lot of them in the .05 cent bins. 
Drudge Skeleton, on the other hand, only costs one Mana to Regenerate. Yeah, it costs one Mana more to cast that A W, but that's a lot less Mana to leave untapped and get burned on when my turn's over. 
Good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment