Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday Movie Roundup...6/2/2014

Well, it finally happened...
X-Men: Days of Future Past broke $500 million worldwide. This makes it the top grossing X-Men film in the franchise, beating X-Men: The Last Stand by roughly $40 million.
Nicely done!
Meanwhile...
Godzilla (2014), at $374.4 million worldwide to date, is juuust under $5 million from taking the #1 rank from the 1998 version. I see this happening. If not this weekend, then certainly by June 15th or so.
On a side note...
will SOMEONE have Steve Martin appear in one of these films playing a reporter named Raymond Burr?
...
Let's move on...
Amazing Spider-Man 2 made another $3.7 million, and is up to $690 million worldwide.
It's still in fifth (read last) place, needing another $75 million plus to beat AS-M for #4. I don't see that happening, but $690 million is no small potatoes.
And finally,
CA:TWS made only $627,266 (in the States anyways) but is up to $709.2 million worldwide. Still in third of all Marvel Studios films, but I don't think anyone expected this film to break $1 billion. Then again, I don't think anyone expected it to do this well. I know I didn't, but I'm glad.
Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment