Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Shin-e-ga-mi?

I'm not by any means an expert on Anime, but this is one of the most popular ones ever.

The reason I know this...is because Mrs. Adorkification has seen it.

All of it.

Like all 400+ episodes of it.

And is reading the Manga.

Now, she can talk for an hour about who is Fourth Lieutenant in the Seventh Division and what power(s) that person has and what their personality is like and what their sword's name is and who they faced in which episode of what season...

I know this...because she has.

To me.

For the record, this is the same woman who turned and walked away when, in 1989, I started spewing about Alan Davis and Chris Claremont bringing Rachel Summers back from the Mojo-verse for the new Excalibur series after disappearing in Uncanny X-Men #'s 208/209 back in 1986!

Just sayin'...

Am I too old to learn all this Bleach stuff?

Most definitely.

Am I too old to respect the artwork and storytelling nature of this beast?

Absolutely not.

But I may end up learning some of this stuff anyway through sheer osmosis. So there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment