Sunday, November 22, 2015

First Impressions - Jessica Jones: "AKA Ladies Night"

I know s#!t about this character in the books. Everything I do know came from blogs and YouTube. Having said that,

The Good:
Krysten Ritter does a great job. She plays the Survivor well and makes me hope she gets her life together. But apparently, she has a thing against doors...and locks.

Mike Coulter is a cool Luke...


The Bad:
...but with a side of Male Slut. Is that a thing? 
Is this supposed to be a nod to his '70's self? There's being a player, and there's being a horndog. I always saw Luke as the former, but I never wanted to see him as the latter.


The WTF?:
Seriously awkward.
Mrs. Adorkification and I have been waiting for this show to come out, but so has Adorkette. As a result, we're watching it as a family...and this is SO not a family show. We had to fast forward. We were expecting "dark", not "sexy-dark".
A little warning next time?

Where'd she get the gun? Kilgrave? Okay...
...but didn't she carry the girl out of the apartment? Where'd she get the coat? Or the bag?


Adorkification Moment:
 Nice to see Carrie-Anne Moss again. Speaking of casting...

...Brilliant.
I'm not expecting to see him in every episode, but I can't wait to see him in every episode - that he's in. They also get points for naming him. 
After all these AoS episodes, it's nice to see a recognizable name. ABOUT F**KING TIME!

Anyone else notice the bag's purple? I sense a theme here.

No comments:

Post a Comment