Monday, November 30, 2015

First Impressions - Arrow: "Brotherhood"

This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once.
Spoilers ahead.
You've been warned...


Season 4 Episode 7: "Brotherhood"

The Good:
I'm all for him being mayor, 'cause that's what he was in the books (at least at some point).
But here's my thing about most of DC's characters. I don't know them very well. I've read some books over the years, but I wasn't raised on them like with Marvel. I know that Oliver is a (former?) wealthy guy who survived by becoming very skilled with a bow. Just don't ask me why he became Green Arrow. Or Green Arrow. Or why he and Hal Jordan have such a strong relationship. I know he's politically motivated, which is why he and Hawkman kept (keep?) pissing each other off, so that line about Ollie coming off as "The Hippy/Crunchy Candidate" was a nod to the books. But how hippy/crunchy he is (or was) in the books...I have no idea.


The Bad:
I don't know why they did this, but there was a lot of shaky-cam this episode.
Maybe the director wanted that "down in the thick of it with the heroes" kinda feel, but I spent most of my energy figuring out who I was looking at rather than what they were doing.


The WTF?:
John Diggle's brother may be a badass, but all I see is the guy from Bones.

Adorkification Moment:
I thought I caught a Marv Wolfman reference in there...but I'm not 100%.

Another 52 reference!
Well yeah, it was "Slip 52" not "Channel 52", but still...

No comments:

Post a Comment