Thursday, December 13, 2012

So...Man of Steel Trailer #2...

Let me say that despite my growing up a Marvel Zombie and my trust in all things Marvel Studios,

I really, REALLY want this movie to do well, but after seeing this trailer, I don't know.

Here's why:
1) It's another retelling of the origin. Going back to the well of Richard Donner's Superman: The Movie is cinematic suicide as far as I'm concerned. That film was perfection. It didn't raise the bar. It didn't set the bar.
It BUILT the bar. And placed it on the stand...which it ALSO built.

2) It's another attempt to reboot the Superman franchise. Bryan Singer tried it...and failed. Is it wise to try again?

3) The only way this film could work (taking 1 and 2 into consideration) is if DC and Warner planned on using this film to reboot not only the Superman franchise, but the entire DC Cinematic Universe...

...which they're not.

As an aside, that beam we see destroying part of Earth? That's either from The Eradicator, Braniac or both.

'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment