Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Clarification on Adorkification


There’s an ongoing debate over the “true” definitions of Nerd, Geek and Dork.

Even Wikipedia has overlapping descriptions.

Here’s my definition of a “true” Dork…

My wife works in the growing Green Energy industry, and was reading a trade publication this morning over breakfast when she came upon an ad that she read to me.

“Have you got Torque Tube Displacer Problems?”

Now if I was a Nerd, I would have spouted an equation where T is the torque vector, r is the displacement vector and F is the force vector. Very Big Bang Theory.

If I were a Comic Geek, I would have said something about the Valiant Comics member of Harbinger – father to Magnus, Robot Fighter…or the Marvel Comics mutant who exists in an alternate future timeline…or the DC Comics villain who started a gang war for control of Blüdhaven.

My immediate response?

“Yeah, who couldn't use a little more Peter Tork in their lives?”

I’m a Dork…and this is my Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment