Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Well here's something I didn't know about Iron Man 3...

Marvel snuck a few things by me with this film, either because they went by too quick or (in this case) because I just plain didn't know.
I wondered why so much time was spent on this character...it's because her name is Ellen Brandt.

I thought she was sister to Betty Brant of Amazing Spider-Man fame (which she isn't), but it turns out Ellen has a connection to another Marvel classic...
...she was Ted Sallis' wife, who betrayed his work to A.I.M. right before Sallis injected himself with the stuff that turned him into the Man-Thing.

Making things even cooler is the fact that the scars on Ellen's face (and most likely the rest of her injuries) were caused by the Man-Thing in the first place!!!

See - that's how Marvel Studios does it.

I'm sure there's some tidbits of goodness in Man of Steel...but on this level?

In Marvel Studios I Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment