Saturday, July 6, 2013

When comics put a spin on movies...

Stop me if you've heard this one -

When Back to the Future was in production, Eric Stoltz was originally cast as Marty McFly.
For whatever reasons, changes happened and Michael J. Fox became a star.

Well...some guy is coming out with a comic that poses the question: "What if Stoltz kept the role?"
I hadn't heard of the Young Storyteller's Foundation before, and it's a great cause, but what really caught my attention was the comic's concept.

Despite my deep love for this film (and trilogy) I love this idea.

I think it's great that creative people with a love of cinema like me are able to put out stories that offer an alternate take on the classics.

Mind you - I'm not talking about movie adaptations, which are just the same stories in different mediums.

I'm talking about "What If?" type stuff.

Think about the potential...
* What if Ferris Bueller got caught?
* What if John Bender never got to his stash?
* What if Richard Donner made Superman 3?

You get the idea.

Maybe someday, someone will do "What if The Mandarin in Iron Man 3 was really a badass?"

No comments:

Post a Comment