Monday, December 14, 2009

Do I need a title for this?

Working in retail, I have the pleasure of being surrounded by crazy during the most intense times of the year: Christmas, and Summer.

I try to relax by watching shows and/or movies (which I don't have much time for), reading (which I can barely stay awake to do) and spending time (I also don't have much time for) with family.

The closest I have come to accomplishing any of these is to watch things with my family about movies and/or books.

So far, The Rotten Tomatoes Show on current - via Hulu (and yes, I know about the coming fees) is the best.

They've stopped doing the haikus, which is a shame. They may not have been fun to hear, but the challenge to create them was.

I would love to submit a review for the $100.00 (I mean the fun) the site gives out for submissions...if I had the time to watch a movie and think up a review.

But hopefully, that is in my not-too-distant-future.

The most recent movie I've seen worth a damn is Star Trek - (thank you Netflix) - which I will review now, because I have some time before work rears its ugly head again.

I wanted desperately to get into the Star Trek movie franchise. I've seen most of them, and am a fan of ST:TNG, but only Bones from the original series really appealed to me...

...until now.

The special effects are great, but the story and the acting are the shit.

And the cast! Simon Pegg as Scotty? Never in a million years would I have made that call, but it works.

And Karl Urban, one of the best actors out of New Zealand, taking on Bones McCoy. Pure fun to watch.

This movie makes me want to buy the entire Star Trek DVD line. Every episode. Of every series. And every movie. Ever made. Starting with this one.

Needless to say this makes my wife nervous. Of course she's a fan of TOS and DS9, so she can't complain too much.

I also just read Identity Crisis, which shows just how behind I am in all things fun.

But that review's for another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment