Friday, December 18, 2009

My Take On...


...Identity Crisis #4
Meltzer does a great job tying past events into this story. Here, Oliver makes a passing remark about Batgirl getting shot from Alan Moore's The Killing Joke. He also touches the Blue Boy Scout joke very nicely.
I also like it when the cover of a given issue has meaning within the story, which is another nod to The Killing Joke. You never fully see Diana in the issue, but once you've read it, you understand the perspective from which you do see her on the cover. Sets the tone for Infinite Crisis in a way, doesn't it?
I must confess that I HATED Hal becoming the Spectre. I understand the need to shake things up and move things along in the DC 'verse and changing heroes' personas is one way to do that. But I didn't see the need to make Hal the Spectre. It takes away the special uniqueness that made him the greatest GL, like a movie franchise that ran too long.
Don't have any WTF? moments in this one, but I'd probably have one if I knew more about the villains shown this issue. Gotta get on those Who's Whos...

No comments:

Post a Comment