Wednesday, September 23, 2015

First Impressions - Gotham: "Rise of the Villains: Damned If You Do..."


Here we go again...
This is by no means a deeply intense dissection of the episode.
It's just my quick comments and notes after seeing the episode only once (a la AoS).
Spoilers ahead.
You've been warned...


Season 2 Episode 1: "Rise of the Villains: Damned If You Do..."

The Good: Seeing everyone again, but most importantly...
 ...Butch...
 ...Cat...
...Loeb...
...and Nygma, who looks better without the glasses.

The Bad: 
Really Bruce? You're going to throw yourself at a door? A SOLID METAL DOOR?
Speaking of Bruce...

The WTF?: 
"Screw it!"
I never thought I would EVER hear Bruce say those words. 
Any Bruce...
...you can pick the Bruce...I just can't imagine him saying that. Ever.

In what DC Universe would Arkham put a female patient in the same room as all the male patients?
That's some straight up right there.
I get that they'd all "escape" in the confusion and wind up together in the same room with "Leviathan-guy"...
(seriously, WTF's up with that? I kept looking for the portable voice box)
...and "Leviathan-guy" talking about building a Suicide Squad Team of Villains, but Barbara should have been in her own part of the place is all I'm sayin'.

Adorkification Moment:
"Holey Moley!"

Oh Gordon...
...DAMN you for getting a Chris Isaak song in my head!

That better have been Jimmy Olsen taking pics at Loeb's "Retirement Party"...

And that's all I got from this episode...
...what?
 Jerome? Something about Jerome?
Nope. Not buying it. Too easy.
Chances are he'll be like Hyena or something...
What? Hyena's a real character in the DCU:
 well, yeah - there's him, but I was referring to this Hyena:
okay...this Hyena's a she named Summer Day, but it wouldn't be the first time a comic-themed show royally f**ked with us.
Yeah, I went there...

No comments:

Post a Comment