Friday, September 11, 2015

Damn Kinds and their toys...WTF Friday? 9/11/2015

I've mentioned before how frustrating Summer can be with Adorkette bouncing off the walls and stealing bandwidth...
...but more than that - she's permanently damaged our family laptop.
Less than a month ago, the laptop screen started getting wavy red lines every time we open it. First, they would go away when the screen was at a certain spot, like rabbit ear antennas. Now? They're there ALL THE TIME!!!
W...T...F...?
It wouldn't bother me so much if the old IBM dinosaur I have in my Fortress of Solitude had sound, but it doesn't.

So when I miss a game, and I want to catch the highlights, I have to deal with wavy shades of red.
Now my brother-in-law, knowledgeable in all things computer, explained that this is simply a sign of wear and tear and if it didn't happen in August, it most likely would have happened by February anyway. I'll accept that explanation, but when something I use every day works just fine in May but isn't working just fine in September - despite how little I've used it in between - it irks me. 
Damn kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment