Friday, August 21, 2015

WHAT happened Monday? (WTF Friday?...8/21/2015)

One of my (admittedly many) complaints about Summer is that Adorkette claims any available form of technology for her own. Not just Hulu or Netflix, but complete access to the interwebs.
So I had no idea Yvonne Craig passed away.
W...T...F...?
Naturally, I remember her as Batgirl. I looked forward to seeing that cycle race across the screen. 
Course, I was too young at the time to understand why I was looking forward to seeing that cycle race across the screen, but whatever...
Now that I think about it, Ms. Craig could be considered one of the first female cosplayers, even as Barbara Gordon. 
When I die and go to that big Comicon in the sky, I'll be waiting in line with all the other nerdy geeks to get the chance to meet her and (most probably) get a picture with her...then go back in line to get it autographed - twice. Once as Yvonne, the second as Barbara/Batgirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment