Sunday, August 25, 2013

Okay Adorkette...WTF?

So I tell my daughter that Batman (her 'favorite superhero') is going to be in the next Man of Steel movie...
"Oh yeah? Cool!", she says.
Then I tell her Ben Affleck's been cast...
"Who's Ben Afflck?", she replies.
So I Google his picture...
"Oh YEAH!", she screams.
"No, wait..." I tell her. "...you don't understand. He can't act!"
"Well...what's he been in?"
And my mind races to think of anything she's seen that I know he's been in:
Shakespeare in Love...hasn't seen it.
Jersey Girl...nope.
Good Will Hunting...uh-uh.
I was about to say "Well, we could watch Daredevil. I've got it on DVD..." when Mrs. Adorkification cuts me off - 
"He can't act."
Then I actually felt bad.
"Well to be fair, I haven't seen Argo yet..."
"He can't act", she repeated.
"Now that other guy, that's been Batman..."
"Christian Bale..."
"Yeah. HE can act!"
"Well, that's true..."
"Although...he could make a descent alter-ego."
"You mean Bruce Wayne?"
"Yeah. I can see Ben in that role, but not jumping around rooftops in the suit."
Then Adorkette takes another look at the pic...
"Well...I'd see it..."
...*sigh*...

No comments:

Post a Comment