Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Movie Roundup...8/12/2013

I'm running on fumes again this morning so bear with me...

Starting with Hugh Jackman, The Wolverine brought in an estimated $8 million, bringing the worldwide total to roughly $306 million - close to three times its production costs - and remains in the top 10.
Elysium, on the other hand, took the top spot with about $41 million worldwide. Over $30 million coming from the States and nearly $11 million internationally.

I know nothing about this movie, other than Matt Damon is in it...and Jodie Foster (who I didn't know was in it until this morning).

Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters wound up in fourth place, making over $33 million worldwide.

What I did know about this one is that Nathan Fillion plays Hermes...that warrants repeating...
... Nathan Fillion.

As Hermes.

2 Guns is at about $48.5 million so far, less than one-third away from breaking even. Not bad, having been playing for only two weeks.

Red 2 has made its money back and then some, with a budget of $84 million and a worldwide gross of over $93 million to date. Good going Warren Ellis and Bruce Willis.

...Ellis...Willis...I'm tired...

Pacific Rim is also looking at a huge profit, with $344 million + in the bank and a production cost of $190 million. (No thanks to the U.S. It's only made $96 million here, the Foreign market brought in the rest.)

The two biggest comic-film disappointments remain R.I.P.D. and The Lone Ranger...

With a budget of $130 million, R.I.P.D. has only brought in $55.9 worldwide.

Lone Ranger has done better, making more than $196 million so far...but with a budget of 215 million, still falls short.

Adorkette saw R.I.P.D. and when I asked her how it was she said "it's exactly what it looks like". 

...I'm not exactly sure what that's supposed to mean coming from a thirteen-year-old...

I plan on putting both films in our Nexflix cue, but I hope that Ranger is better than Seth Rogen's Green Hornet because that was just God-awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment