Saturday, August 20, 2016

WTF? SATURDAY...8/20/2016

 Hey Joe...
...yeah, I know...
I was looking up topics to talk about this morning, and I came across something on ComicVine that caught my eye: Marvel Comics Cosplayer Variant Covers.
Which is cool. You can read the article here.
But as I looked it over, I slowly realized just how our of touch I am with the current comic landscape. I mean...Miles is still around? Gwenpool? Dazzler's an Avenger now? Since when did Patsy Walker get her own comic? And who the hell is Silk?
Then I moved on to news about Spider-Man: Homecoming latest casting decision. Zendaya whaaa?
Clearly, I'm out of touch...
  ...but hopefully, not out of time.
Part of me just wants to let the kids enjoy the now and move on. But it's hard to see stuff like this without getting curious. Is it better to try and keep up with the Jonses? So that when I finally get to my one convention of the year this October and I see twelve gender-swapped SpiderGwenpools, I'll know what I'm looking at? Or should I keep my head down as I wander to the tables looking at trades of stories I spent three years trying to collect back in the nineties?
 I'm stressed.
I'm tired.
 Confused.
And frustrated.

One thing that makes me happy is that I can still tell the difference between these two. I get that the lines are blurred, but they're still two separate things to me. 
This...I've given up on.
Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment