Monday, June 6, 2016

Monday Movie Roundup...6/6/2016

Hey Pepe...
I know, I know. But work was rough today. Anyways,
X-Men: Apocalypse has made $401.4 million worldwide so far.
That puts it just under X2: X-Men United's $407.7 million, and earning it a solid sixth place among all X-Men films.
Is it wrong of me to be happy about that?
I don't have a problem with Singer. He gets it. He's always had a handle on what the X-Men are about. I haven't seen the film yet, but based on what I'm hearing I'm not sure I will (at least not in the theater). 
It sounds like the film suffers from "Spider-Man 3 - itis". It's got an okay (but not great) plot, with a pretty good villain. But there are too many mutants in the damn thing.
Right!
Why didn't they follow up X-Men: Days of Future Past with a separate film entirely? Like New Mutants or (dare I say it) X-Force? FOX (and Singer) could have developed three or four different mutant teams over three or four different movies that could have met during (wait for it...)
Know what I'm sayin?
What? You think they were worried about following in Marvel Studios' footprints?
First - all the X-Men films have the Marvel logo, making them (at least somewhat) Marvel films. Second - the X-Men films would be about X-Men teams, not individual people, so you'd have the group dynamic while minimizing the member count.
(sigh...) Speaking of Mutants,
I have no idea how Deadpool did in Japan this weekend.
It's at $772,376,021 right now. I'm mentioning it because looking back at previous posts, I realize I haven't noted it's worldwide numbers in several weeks. 
yeah, yeah...
I wanna say it was at $763.something million last time I looked, but I'll keep better track now that I've got the most recent number.
Thanks Hugh. Speaking of Marvel Movies,
$1.132 billion worldwide.
Only a mere $83.3 million needed to surpass Iron Man 3.
These guys must really, really, really know their s#!t.

As for these guys...
$872.2 million worldwide.
That's about $204 million more that Man of Steel, which is good. They're heading in a better direction...but still have quite a ways to go.
Have a good week Pepe!



No comments:

Post a Comment