Monday, June 20, 2016

Monday Movie Review...6/20/2016

 Yes Pepe, it's Monday again...
...and yes Pepe, I worked the weekend. So I'm a little slow this morning.

Finding Dory? You want me to talk about Finding Dory?
 
...sluuuuurp... Fine.
Finding Dory made $186.2 million over opening weekend. Apparently, that's a big deal for animated films. It's definitely good news for director Andrew Stanton. He directed Finding Nemo...and more recently the widely panned John Carter - which made me wonder if Stanton wasn't blacklisted from Disney for life. But he wasn't, so he can now pay back the $250 million-plus he owes them. 
As for the Pixar "franchise",
Finding Dory is in last place...for now. It needs $145.8 million to beat 16th place The Good Dinosaur, and I wouldn't be surprised if that happens before the end of June. 

At $510.1 million worldwide, X-Men: Apocalypse is third among the X-Men/Mutant films.

But at $780.5 million worldwide, Deadpool still reigns supreme.
Japan's only given $11.4 million to the cause. They better step it up, 'cause I want Deadpool to break $1 billion before it leaves theaters forever.

 $1.1449 billion. Worldwide.
$1.2154 billion. Worldwide.
Do the math.
That's what I'm sayin'.

G'night Pepe...

No comments:

Post a Comment