Sunday, January 22, 2012

Football...Football...Football

Football is my sport of choice.

Hockey is a close second because it was the sport I watched during my years at BU, and because my daughter and I catch at least one Portland Pirates game every season.

Basketball and Baseball are more fun for me to actually play instead of watch, but I am a fan of movies based on these sports such as Major League, Teen Wolf, A League of Their Own, White Men Can't Jump, and Field of Dreams. I have yet to see Hoosiers, but I think I'd like it.

Anyway, the AFC and NFC Championship games for the 2011-2012 NFL season are today...

...and I have to go to work.


One thing I hate about sportscasters is that they put up or mention stupid statistics during the game. Stats like "The last time this quarterback led his team to victory in this stadium in an AFC Championship game was 1955," and such.

I always feel that any mention of stuff like that will jinx the game.

So I won't mention stats...I'm going to state facts:

1) The Pats won their first of three Super Bowl rings the same year I started working for the corporation I still work for now.

2) Ever since I changed branches within that corporation, the Pats have either not made it to the Super Bowl, or lost.

3) Regardless of the season, almost all Pats games I missed due to working ended as victories.

4) Adam Vinatieri earned every ring he has...except the last one. (The COLTS Adam? Really?)
and
5) Tedy Bruschi should be hired by the Pats...as a member of the Defense coaching staff.

Okay, so the last two weren't facts, but they should be.

GO PATS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment