Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'm not Crazy...I may be Sexy...but I'm definitely a (dorky) Geek!

I have been a follower of Crazy Sexy Geeks on YouTube for a while and I'll tell you why:



They have Tim Gunn as an occasional guest to discuss super-hero fashion.

For anyone outside the know, Tim Gunn is a host of Project Runway on the Lifetime network. It's the only show on there I watch and it's mostly for Gunn, who goes around helping the show's competing designers stay focused and "make it work".

Crazy Sexy Geeks is a comics themed YouTube series created by people working out of Midtown Comics in NYC. Their topics range from the impact of Wonder Woman's costume to explaining Batman's psychology.

How these two met is beyond me, but this ranks right up there with Almond M&M's - two great tastes that taste great together.

Tim brings comic book costuming into real world objectivity while having the open mind necessary to be critiquing comic book costuming in the first place. You won't see Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, Heidi Klum, Betsey Johnson or Tommy Hilfiger taking time out to comment on whether or not Superman should have his underwear outside his pants, or if Iron Man's suit is fashion forward.

This is a great site with great comments by Gunn and others, so check it out..

No comments:

Post a Comment