Sunday, October 30, 2011

Friday, 10/15/2010 (New England Wizard Comic Con, Day 1, Part Two)

So I went to The Pour House across the street from Hynes Convention Center for dinner and the Drink and Draw event with absolutely no idea how it would go.

I followed the crowd downstairs and there was a seperate area sectioned off for the Wizard event. Waving my wristband like an idiot to show I belonged there, I was able to sit with Dirk Tiede and E. J. Barnes as I perused the menu.


I ended up getting a bacon double cheeseburger with onion rings (which was excellent by the way!) as a sketchbook was passed around for anyone to draw in. As much as I would have liked to draw in it, I just didn't have the balls. I did, however, get a chance to see what people drew:






And watch Dirk Tiede work his magic...


It was awesome! After a couple of drinks (Captain & Coke thank you...) I managed to get a look at the official Drink and Draw board:


Oh - almost forgot that there were a few people cosplaying at the restaurant...



By now it was almost 11, and I was exhausted. I had 4 of my minimum 10 hours under my belt, and was looking forward to a full Saturday at the con, so I left the crowded place and headed out...totally unprepared for the onslaught of Buffy fans, the artist that was M.I.A., my close encounter with James Marsters, and the unexpected visit by a High Ranking Official that awaited me.

TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment