Monday, February 6, 2012

NY Giants 21...NE Patriots 17

I saw the game, for the first time through my computer at nbcsports.com.

I didn't mind not seeing all the ads, and I'm not upset about the final score.

The Giants were the better team.

My problem was I thought I was watching NBC, not THE NY GIANTS CHANNEL.

I remember when the great John Madden was a commentator, and he talked about players, coaches and strategies for both teams. He was fair, funny, and almost always right with whatever he said.

Listening to the commentators during this Super Bowl made me feel like the game was already decided, the team already won. Eli Manning is his own Dynasty and the Patriot Regime was over.

All this before the end of the first quarter.

Enough Already.

I realize that this is how the sponsors and the NFL want the Super Bowl to be played: Down to the wire, with the game in the balance. When was the last time one team had a ten point lead going into the final quarter?

So give the Giants their due, and congrats to the better team.

But I save my respect for after the game is over, not before it even starts.

So when again is The Avengers movie coming out?

No comments:

Post a Comment