Friday, March 12, 2010

Zombiemania


I hate zombies. Love werewolves and man-made monsters, tolerate vampires and giant bugs, like huge dinosaurs and apes…

…but HATE zombies.


They give me nightmares. Freddy and Jason give me nightmares. Stephen King novels give me nightmares. Zombies give me nightmares that include pissing in my pants and screaming like a little girl. To. This. Day.

Naturally my 10 year old daughter loves them and laughs at Daddy’s silliness.

So much so that she got together with my wife and bought me George Romero’s original classic Night of the Living Dead for Father’s Day. I hadn’t seen it yet, and when I did watch it…it gave me nightmares. My daughter ended up seeing it one night when I was working (with Mommy in the room), and she thought it was funny.


Ha. Ha. Ha.

So when I saw this documentary available on Netflix, I thought it would entertain her and ease some of my fear.

I was right on both counts. I highly recommend this. It’s only 56 minutes long, and features many creative people behind the camera; skilled make-up and special effects masters and George himself.


I still hate zombies, but now I like that I hate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment