Friday, March 25, 2016

Batman, Superman, Daredevil and Punisher... (WTF? Friday 3/25/2016)

No. I haven't seen it...but others have.
And no, I haven't read or seen any reviews. But I've had mixed feelings about this from the get-go. 
Nope...it's got nothing to do with casting...
...at all.
It's DC. 
WTF they doin?
Four Batmen and three Supermen in film, plus another Batman, two Supermen, two Wonder Women and two Superboys if you include television. And that's not including the serials.
I can respect the past,
but DC keeps rewriting it. 
W...T...F...?
I want the film to do well. I hope the film does well. 
But my gut's sayin' otherwise.

Meanwhile...I have seen Daredevil Season 2.
And yeah - you're talking two Daredevils, two Elektras, two Sticks, Two Kingpins and three Punishers - but they really pulled it off. It was great. What got me the most...were the characters.
SPOLIER ALERT
Kingpin becoming King of the box was awesome
Foggy arguing in court was fantastic.
But best of all...
Frank.
Jon Bernthal did okay, but he channeled a little too much De Niro. I'm talking about the writing. There was a scene in Episode 10, "The Man in the Box", where DA Reyes tells Foggy, Matt and Karen that she found an image of a human skull hidden in her young daughter's backpack. A threat from the Punisher.
Straight up.
Frank wouldn't do that.
A teenager pushing drugs at an elementary school? Yeah. He'd kill that guy. But use a child to send a message? 
Nope. No F**kin' Way.
Then the room went to s#!t. Bullets flying everywhere, and Reyes hit like a dozen times. Again...

That's not Frank. He'd wait, and use one bullet.
Turns out it wasn't Frank. He was being framed, which made perfect sense.
That's just one example of what can happen when you let people who know what they're doing do what they know how to do about characters they know. 
 Here's another. You got heroes fighting each other. For. A. Reason.
Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment