Friday, July 16, 2010

Casting Call - Elektra




There’s been talk in forums about Jennifer Garner’s performance in the movie, and reviews/opinions about the movie itself. This isn’t about that.

This is about who we, as readers and fans, imagine in our heads to be the best Elektra as we read the books.

Here’s what I mean:
I am a huge fan of the character when Frank Miller created her, and have every appearance she was in until she came back from the dead (the first time). Because of this, I’m not influenced by Greg Horn’s covers. So when I read those issues of Daredevil, Bizarre Adventures and even What If?, I picture Melina Kanakaredes. She’s Greek, statuesque, and looks like she could pull off the moves and be the character.

In reality, I don’t think she’d ever play the role, and I don’t think casting agents would ever offer the role to her, but she’s Elektra to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment